Tesla unveiled the Model 3 in 2016, with Elon Musk promising a cheaper electric car than the Tesla Roadster and Model S.
In July 28 2017, Tesla hosted its delivery event for the first batch of 30 Model 3s pre-ordered in 2016. During this event, they released a bunch of information regarding the price, options, features, and specs of the Model 3.
David Imai, Senior Manager, Exterior and Interior Design at Tesla described the Tesla as designed in a way where “form can follow function without sacrificing comfort, performance, or styling”, because the cars have been build from the ground up.
The Model 3 starts at $35,000, but with options the price can get as high as $59,500. This dies not include taxes for your final destination, or country.
Standard Model 3
- Unit price: $35,000,
- 220 miles range (354 Kilometers range),
- 5.6 sec 0-60mph (96kph),
- 130 mph top speed (209kph top speed)
- Full self-driving hardware
- Wi-Fi and LTE connectivity
- Free over-the-air software updates
- Full LED lighting
- Eight year, 100,000-mile battery warranty
Long range model 3
- Unit Price: $44,000,
- 310 miles range (499 Kilometers range),
- 5.1 sec 0-60 mph (96kph),
- 140 mph top speed (225kph top speed)
- Rear wheel drive (the beginning configuration)
- Premium upgrades
- Three customization options: wheel size, exterior color, autopilot features
Options for Model 3
- Long range battery – $9,000
- Paint: Black, midnight silver metallic, deep blue metallic, silver metallic, pearl white multi-coat, red multi-coat (all colors but black cost $1,000 extra)
- Wheels: 18″ aero or 19″ sport for an additional $1,500
- Upgrade interior for $5,500 – Heated seating, two rear USBs, wood decor, 12-way power adjustable seats, premium audio system, tinted glass roof, auto dimming and heated side mirrors, LED fog lamps, center console with storage for docking two smartphones
- Enhanced autopilot – $5,000 – Match traffic conditions, keep in lane, automatically change lanes, transition from one freeway to another, exit freeway and self park
- Full self driving capability – $3,000 plus Enhanced Autopilot – This isn’t available now